Friday, February 11, 2011

Our new and improved school room

 

 

 

As I have mentioned Home-schooling is new to us… and so we have been slowly trying to figure out how to get organized, and function.

Over the last few weeks we have been working on a better and more functional school room.

I wanted to share the pictures of what it now looks like!

 

IMG00061-20110209-0825

 

Here you can see our big long school table. Oh, how I love the table. Its big enough for us all to sit there… and great for when we sit and do projects. In the background, you can see our white board (great for writing the date, and anything I want them to see for a while) our cubby shelf. Which I personally love! Makes storing things by subject, or kind so much easier! Yes, that is a T.V. you see, which is strictly used for educational purposes only! Then you might notice the desk off to the other side… that is my storage space, and we have  a computer on it…for the kids to use, for educational things.

IMG00062-20110209-0825

Then I put up a big bookcase, that I use to help me store my curriculum.. Spare folders, paper, and notebooks. See the two baskets.. The green one is our books. So the kids know what they are allowed to read during school time. Then the other basket is to keep our library books in. That way there is no searching for them when its time to return them! (or that is my hope anyway)

There you have our room. I’m very happy with it so far!

Would love to see anyone else’s room, if you want to leave me a link to yours! Always love to get ideas from others!

2 comments:

  1. Looks really great! The kids are lucky to have such a nice room.
    Have you visited http://www.IzzyShare.com for some more inspiration? Ashlee has pictures of learning spaces on her website.
    Regards,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete